(Non-an’-tum) is an Algonquin Indian word which means “a place of celebration and rejoicing” or “a place of water with life”. The Roberts family took it as the name of their farm on Auburn Road when they moved to Chester County in 1920. Likewise, in 1981, we, their descendants, adopted the name for our farm, home, and business on Good Hope Road. Nonantum Veterinary Clinic had its humble beginnings in 1983. It started as a farm and small animal house-call practice. The practice soon needed more space and utilized a converted chicken house on the farm. That building was expanded throughout the 1980’s and served as our quaint but cramped facility for the next 20 years. For many of those years, we had no room to take new clients. In 2008, we moved to a beautiful new space in the barn, built by our neighbor James K. Holton. Upstairs, above the clinic, we have created a beautiful space for weddings, private parties, hoedowns and pretty much any other special occasion. The Barn can accommodate up to 200 guests, and parking is abundant.